CVEdetails.com makes life easier for everyone working with vulnerabilities by providing them with easy access to information and various utilities.
Our primary goals are:
- Making users more productive
- Helping users make better decisions on security issues
- Saving users from wasting time Googling for information and ending up relying on incomplete/inaccurate information
- Providing automation options
Achieving these goals will consequently improve security.
Poor information leads to bad decisions which never result in good security. If you need 30 minutes per CVE to find and review all necessary information, you can at most review 20 CVEs per day but you probably need to handle much more than that. So you spend 5 minutes per CVE and hope that you are not missing anything. We all know how that ends.
We will help you make the best use of your time and resources.
- Providing easy access to everything you need to know about vulnerabilities, collected from multiple sources. Easy access to scores, references, timelines, mentions, advisories, exploits and much more, so that you can focus on your work instead of chasing information.
- Email alerts and RSS feeds
- APIs for automation and integrations
- Making use of information available freely on the internet, you will not need to search for information at tens of different sources, we will collect them for you
How it works
CVEdetails.com is comprised of three main components, data collection backend, web application (with APIs) and data stores.
CVEdetails.com data collection backend is responsible for collecting data from the internet. It is fully configurable and supports various data sources and data types. This architecture allows us to easily add new data sources or create custom instances for enterprise customers with custom data processing requirements.